Become a great peer reviewer! (Basic and Advanced) - Reviewer Credits
Essential training for new and established peer reviewers
What will you learn?
- Understand what it takes to be a peer reviewer
- Recognize the components of a great peer review
- Identify the focus areas in different sections of a manuscript
- Effectively interact with authors and editors
- Focus on the right aspects when reviewing statistical information or methodology in a paper
- Review different types of manuscripts
- Learn through extensive feedback from experienced peer reviewers and consult them for clarifications about the course content
Why should you enroll?
This engaging and comprehensive training program will help you with everything you need to know before and during a peer review. The modules in this program have been designed for young researchers who want to be peer reviewers or have received their first peer review invitation but don't know how to get started. This course is also useful for experienced reviewers who would like to polish their skills.
What topics will you cover?
Lecture 1: Understanding Peer review
Lecture 2: Do you have what it takes?
Lecture 3: Accepted the editor’s invitation, what next?
Lecture 4: Deep diving into the review
Lecture 5: Decision time!
Lecture 6: Tying it all up
Lecture 7: Concluding the basic course
Lecture 8: Advanced Module I – Dealing with methodology and statistics
Lecture 9: Advanced Module II – Going that extra mile
Lecture 10: Training effectiveness survey
Editage Insights, a product of Editage, is a comprehensive multilingual learning and discussion platform through which researchers, authors, publishers, and academic societies globally can learn about all aspects of scholarly publishing, stay updated about the latest trends, share opinions, and seek and receive expert advice. Editage has a range of editorial and educational services designed to help with manuscript preparation for publication in professional medical, nursing, and allied health journals.