How to become a great peer reviewer! (Basic and Advanced training)
The essential peer reviewer training program for new and established peer reviewers, designed by research experts and endorsed by Wolters Kluwer.
What will you learn?
- An overview of peer reviews and journal publication workflows
- Understand skills, qualifications needed to be a great peer reviewer
- How to identify focus areas in different sections of a manuscript
- Deep dive into the process of conducting a peer review
- How to review different types of research manuscripts
- Focus areas when reviewing statistical information or methodology in a paper
- The right approach to peer review with a mock assignment and detailed evaluation
- Tips and extensive feedback from experienced peer reviewers and consultations on course content
- Practical strategies to get invited as a peer reviewer by top journals in your field
- How to apply learnings to your review projects with checklists and other resources
This engaging and comprehensive training program will help you with everything you need to know before and during a peer review. Designed with the collective expertise of three accomplished peer reviewers, this is a comprehensive guide for those starting out and a great program for experienced reviewers to polish their skills. With in-depth lectures that cover every aspect of peer review, insightful discussions, expert advice, key learning resources, and regular assessments, this training program will put you firmly on the path to becoming a great peer reviewer!
Being identified as a great peer reviewer adds significant value to your resume and reputation; it equates to being recognized and accepted as an expert in your field by your peers. If you are an early career researcher who wants to be a peer reviewer, or have received your first peer review invitation but don’t know how to get started, this course is perfect for you.
What topics will you cover?
Lecture 1: Understanding Peer review
Lecture 2: Do you have what it takes?
Lecture 3: Accepted the editor’s invitation, what next?
Lecture 4: Deep diving into the review
Lecture 5: Decision time!
Lecture 6: Tying it all up
Lecture 7: Concluding the basic course
Lecture 8: Advanced Module I – Dealing with methodology and statistics
Lecture 9: Advanced Module II – Going that extra mile
Lecture 10: Training effectiveness survey
Editage Insights, a product of Editage, is a comprehensive multilingual learning and discussion platform through which researchers, authors, publishers, and academic societies globally can learn about all aspects of scholarly publishing, stay updated about the latest trends, share opinions, and seek and receive expert advice. Editage has a range of editorial and educational services designed to help with manuscript preparation for publication in professional medical, nursing, and allied health journals.