How to write a fellowship
Helping postdocs and late stage PhDs build fantastic personal fellowship applications
What will you learn?
- You will discover if the fellowship is right for you
- You will learn if the timing is right for you
- You will know what is asked for in the application
- You will learn about the 3Ps and why they matter
- You will learn how the process works
We often hear statements like "You need a fellowship to move on in your career", "A fellowship is the next logical step" and "Jo took a fellowship there and then moved into a lectureship". Fellowships can certainly boost your academic research career but how do we start, write and apply? If you are thinking of a personal research fellowship this course will cover finding the right fellowship, application basics and then the focus on person, project and place that is essential to get right for a fellowship. Finally we touch on submitting that application and what to do when you are called for interview.
Hello! I'm Emma.