How to respond to peer reviewer comments effectively
What will you learn?
- How to approach peer review comments more confidently
- How to respond to the common ‘revise and resubmit’ journal decision
- Practical tips for revising your manuscript effectively
- Understand what your journal editor expects of you
- Responding to conflicting peer review comments
- Looking at your manuscript as a whole, while making revisions
- Things to remember before resubmission
- Applying your understanding of the lectures through exercises and quizzes
Peer reviews are crucial to help you improve the quality of your work and best present your findings. The peer review process can be insightful yet frustrating, making the ability to address and respond to reviewer comments essential for publishing success.
Through this course, your instructor, with 20+ years of journal editing experience, will share proven strategies that will help you respond to peer reviewers more confidently. You will also get advice on how to understand editor expectations, with tips to effectively revise your paper, and a list of final checks before resubmission. By the end of the course, you will be able to improve your chances of acceptance in the journal of your choice.
What topics will you cover?
Lecture 1: Understanding the journal's decision
Lecture 2: Things to remember before responding to reviewers’ comments
Lecture 3: Dealing with different types of review comments and revision requests
Lecture 4: Considering other aspects that matter
Lecture 5: A deeper look at peer reviewer comments
Lecture 6: Tying up loose ends before you resubmit
Lecture 7: Concluding the course
Lecture 8: Bonus tips, downloadable resources, videos, and more
Editage Insights, a product of Editage, is a comprehensive multilingual learning and discussion platform through which researchers, authors, publishers, and academic societies globally can learn about all aspects of scholarly publishing, stay updated about the latest trends, share opinions, and seek and receive expert advice. Editage has a range of editorial and educational services designed to help with manuscript preparation for publication in professional medical, nursing, and allied health journals.