How to avoid retractions and publish ethically
Ethical violations you should recognize and avoid
What will you learn?
- Five critical ethical violations in the research context
- Useful case studies, tips, and guidelines to prevent retractions
- Summary of the ethics issue prevalent in the industry
- Implications of misconduct, the dos and don’ts, and the guidelines
- The significance of ethics in publication and the problems that lead to unethical behavior
- Avoid ethical issues in your writing and reduce your chances of a rejection or a retraction
- Unethical practices to be avoided or practiced through case studies and experiences from peers in the industry
Why should you enroll?
Today, retractions are on the rise owing to increased instances of ethical violations. Journal editors and reviewers are advising authors to be more aware of publishing guidelines so that they don't violate the ethical norms of publishing. Through this course, you will learn how to publish ethically, boost your reputation as a researcher and ensure that your research contributes to scientific progress. The course uses different learning tools like learning videos, presentations, quizzes, etc., to make your learning enjoyable.
What topics will you cover?
Lecture 1: Introduction to ethics
Lecture 2: Know it to avoid it: Five unethical practices
Lecture 3: What can you do to be a responsible and ethical researcher?
Lecture 4: Conclusion
Editage Insights, a product of Editage, is a comprehensive multilingual learning and discussion platform through which researchers, authors, publishers, and academic societies globally can learn about all aspects of scholarly publishing, stay updated about the latest trends, share opinions, and seek and receive expert advice. Editage has a range of editorial and educational services designed to help with manuscript preparation for publication in professional medical, nursing, and allied health journals.
StartFive rampant unethical practices in research - Video
StartData falsification and fabrication - Case Study
StartSalami slicing - Video
StartPitfalls of salami slicing: Focus on quality and not quantity of publications -Slide deck
StartUnintentional, Intentional, and Accidental Plagiarism - Video
StartIdentifying harmful conflicts of interest - Video interview
StartHow to deal with conflicts of interest in research publication?
StartCheck your understanding: Quiz 2