How to promote your research for greater impact
What will you learn?
- Importance and advantages of research collaborations
- How to create an online identity as a researcher
- Which parts of the research paper you need to focus on for better visibility
- Everything you need to know about Open Access
- Why networking is important and how to build your network
- How to use social media and blogs to promote your research
After investing gruelling hours, effort and resources, getting your research published is a rewarding achievement. But why stop at publishing your work when you can build a far bigger role for your research and extend its reach and impact to a wider audience?
This well-paced program is designed to help you strategize and create a plan to promote your research effectively. You will learn how to establish your identity as a researcher and understand how collaborations can not only strengthen your research but also help you advance your career. This program also offers practical tips on building your network at academic events and conferences, explains why Open Access should matter to authors, and describes how you can use the internet and new media platforms to make your research more discoverable.
What topics will you cover?
Lecture 1: Why you should be thinking about making your research more visible
Lecture 2: Collaborate. Collaborate. Collaborate
Lecture 3: Make your identity solid
Lecture 4: Get the main parts of your paper right!
Lecture 5: Open up your research to the world
Lecture 6: Adopt M&M – Mingle and Meet
Lecture 7: Use social media and researcher platforms
Lecture 8: Discover the blogger in you
Lecture 9: Show your research to people
Lecture 10: Concluding section